Development of Cylindrical
Roller Bearings with PPS Cages:
Increased Heat Resistance
and Corrosion Resistance to
Expand the Range of Applicability
- Customer outlineHydraulic pump and motor manufacturers
- ProductHydraulic pumps
- Existing resin cages use polyamides (nylon 66 or nylon 46), and are limited in their heat resistance and corrosion resistance. There is, therefore, a limit on the extent to which they can be used in hot oil or corrosive solutions.
- When durability becomes a problem, brass cages are used, but these are significantly heavier.
- Using PPS materials with excellent heat resistance and corrosion resistance for the cages
- Reducing, through the use of resin, the weight of the cage by around 86% and that of the whole bearing by around 11% compared to bearings with brass cages
- Improved durability in hot oil or degraded oil
- Lighter weight and lower torque than brass cage
- We performed a durability test to verify that there was no problem. There’s a greater range of bearings to choose from and more flexibility in our design options for the usage environment. In the future, we’d like to try them out with compressors that use refrigerant gas as well.
Reducing the material degradation of the polyamide, we were able to provide ever-better bearings.
Polyamides, which are a material for existing resin cages, can degrade when used for a long time in oil or corrosive solutions, causing problems. But with PPS materials, there is less material degradation, allowing us to provide highly robust, excellent bearings.
(Bearings for Industrial and Construction Devices Engineering Office, Industrial Machinery Application Engineering Dept.)
Cylindrical Roller Bearings
- By using a variety of PPS materials for resin cages, we were able to improve the bearings’ heat resistance and corrosion resistance, and to expand the scope of applicability of resin cages.
- • Outside diameter from 40 to 215 mm