Since rolling bearings are more precisely made than other machine parts, careful handling is absolutely necessary.
- Keep bearings and the operating environment clean.
- Handle carefully.
Bearings can be cracked and brinelled easily by strong impact if handled roughly.
- Handle using the proper tools.
- Keep bearings well protected from rust.
Do not handle bearings in high humidity.
Operators should wear gloves in order not to soil bearings with perspiration from their hands.
- Bearings should be handled by experienced or well trained operators.
- Set bearing operation standards and follow them.
- Storage of bearings
- Cleaning of bearings and their adjoining parts.
- Inspection of dimensions of adjoining parts and finish conditions
- Inspection after mounting
- Maintenance and inspection (periodical inspection)
- Replenishment of lubricants